Sunday, May 17, 2015

The mission in Zimbabwe

The more I think about htis whole mission effort here in Harare, the more I feel blessed to be a part of it.

I am the speaker at Mount Pleasent SDA church here in Harare.


It is new to me to have my name printed on anything, let alone to be on a banner, and on flyers that have been passed out by the hundreds, possibly thousands.

I spoke at the site for Sabbath, and again for the afternoon, to encourage the church to invite people. I am so blessed to be the speaker for such a hardworking and on fire church. The district I am in just had 12 baptisms already, and the series havent even started hardly. So beautiful to see the drive and enthusiasm the people here have, even in a big city like this. I wish I could see more of this back home.

As I write this, I am sitting with Josh and Sean in the lobby of one of the hotels here and we each, surely are praying in our hearts that God will use us tonight. Each site has its own difficulties, Sean, Josh and I have taken the already summerized and cut them even more because Sean and Josh will definetly have difficulties with staying in time because of translation, but I have it a little diffrent because I dont have a translator but I have to cut my slides because I tend to elongate anything I say, so for me I just need it as a precaution for myself.

But to be sure, not having a translator will cause a problem with some, mostly because I have an accent, and I talk fast when I get excited so I am going to need the Lords help to speak clearly and simply.

I might as well mention something else on my mind that I need prayer for. I was honestly expecting that I would go to a site where I might have a few dozen people, maybe more because church members. The evangelist series I entered the church from only had maybe 20-30 attendies, sometimes up to 40-50. I thought that that would be the case, but the head elder decided to let me know what they are expecting, and I haven't ever been so taken back...

 He said to expect plus or minus 1500 people...

Now I don't really believe him, or at least I dont want to. I dont feel near enough qualified to be able to have so much responsibility. Hey, even at the end of the day, the elders and pastor where calling me Pastor Payne...

I can't take that, its to fast, I can't even imagine speaking to a quarter the people they are expecting.

I am thankful I am writing this blog because it is reminding me how insufficientI am for this task.
But I also am thankful for the great exceeding precious promises, since God has called me, I know He the Spirit will be with me, and give me all I need to make this a success. My duty is, to get out of the way, and that is my desire, so remember to pray for that.

Keep each one of us in prayer, I am at one of the more simple sites, with ease of access and a helpful church. Others don't have it so easy, many have NO EXPERIENCE at all, yet they are called to do the same as me, and to share the same message.

Pray for all of us, pray for the hearts of those who come. The expectation is that we should see 20 - 30 THOUSAND baptisms by the end of this campaign.

I know yall back in the states are busy, but please, lift us up, we need it.

Praise God, He will do amazing things here.

Blessing to you all!


1 comment: